Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Minnesota Historical Society
Caption: Marker detail: The Winslow House, 1857
Additional Description: A luxury hotel, The Winslow House, dominated the hill above Main Street in 1857. Less prosperous tourists stayed at the wooden Tremont House. The three story brick building between them is the Upton Block, built in 1855 and still standing as part of St. Anthony Main.
Submitted: September 1, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Database Locator Identification Number: p536896
File Size: 2.744 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.