Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Craig Swain
Taken: December 27, 2008
Caption: Ninth Michigan Battery Position
Additional Description: Left and right flank marker stones along Hancock Avenue indicate the approximate position of the battery on July 3. Two 10-pounder Parrott rifles represent the battery. The gun on the right is an authentic 3-inch Parrott produced in 1863 (registry number 14). On the left is a reproduction produced for the Battlefield Commission in the 1890s.
Submitted: February 28, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p54365
File Size: 0.929 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.