Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Barry Swackhamer
Taken: August 22, 2020
Caption: Priming the Pump Marker
Additional Description: Captions: (bottom left, top to bottom) Fort Benton Water Works Sand House; Fort Benton Water Works ca. 1940; Water and Power Plants ca. 1908; (background) Panoramic view of Fort Benton and the Water Treatment Plant (above) taken by John G. Showell in 1900. You are here.; (bottom right) The ultra-violate light system (above) was cutting edge technology when Fort Bento became the first in the nation to use it - jus as the state's first water treatment plant here in 1888 lead the local paper to marvel (left) at the 'inventive genius" of being able to deliver clean water and electric lights at the same time.
Submitted: December 3, 2020, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.
Database Locator Identification Number: p554129
File Size: 3.404 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.