Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Courtesy of Shenandoah Publishing House, Inc.
Caption: K-250 Reidís Ferry, 1931.
Additional Description: The town of the Nansemond Indians stood near here when the region was first explored by the English, 1608. The savages took part in the massacre of 1622 and their town was destroyed by Governor Sir George Yeardley. Eight miles north of Suffolk —Virginia Highway Historical Markers, Fourth Edition (1931)
Submitted: December 20, 2020, by Cynthia L. Clark of Suffolk, Virginia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p558241
File Size: 0.015 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.