Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Photo courtesy of the Novi Historical Commission.
Caption: Walled Lake Casino: Where Detroiters Came to Dance Marker — lower middle image
Additional Description: The casino under construction in 1924. Owner Louis Tolletene joined a flurry of development of bath houses and dance pavilions at the lakeshore that began in 1919.
Submitted: January 14, 2021, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Database Locator Identification Number: p563041
File Size: 3.541 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.