Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Top and bottom courtesy of Northville Historical Soc.; middle courtesy of the Novi Historical Soc.
Caption: Novi's Crucial Crossing: The Train Station and the Grand River Bridge Marker — bottom left images
Additional Description: Top: The first locomotive through Novi in the 1870s. This part of the Pere Marquette Railway linked Plymouth to the south with Holly to the north, and the railway later reached Ludington on Lake Michigan in 1874.
Middle: The railyard, looking southeast, about 1900. The passenger station is in the left foreground, and the tall commodity storage depot is at the back.
Bottom: P.M.R.R. Depot, Novi, Mich.
Submitted: January 20, 2021, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Database Locator Identification Number: p564334
File Size: 3.229 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.