Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser.
Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: R. C.
Caption: Radio Astronomy plaque near roadway
Additional Description: This is the only sign to alert visitors of the existence of the historic site within the former Bell Laboratories compound. "Near this site in 1932, Bell Labs scientist Karl Jansky first discovered radio waves coming from outer space, thus beginning the science of radio astronomy."
Submitted: March 24, 2009, by R. C. of Shrewsbury, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p56895
File Size: 0.634 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.