Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: William B. Coxe Collection, Greenville County Historical Society
Taken: Circa 1922
Caption: Greenville County Confederate Monument
Additional Description: In 1922, the statue was removed during discussions concerning relocation, following a period of confusion as to where to place it. For a while, the whereabouts of the statue were completely unknown. after the statue was discovered in a barn on a farm outside Greenville, it was replaced in 1924 and the statue moved to its present location outside Springwood Cemetery.
Submitted: April 15, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p59469
File Size: 1.274 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.