Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Keith L
Taken: October 15, 2008
Caption: Nearby James Knox Polk Marker
Additional Description: 11th President 1845 – 1849
Member-Masonic Lodge No. 31
Peace and Friendship
Administrative Goals Accomplished
• Acquired California and New Mexico Territories from Mexico
• Established Oregon Territory Northwest Boundary
• Created Independent U.S. Treasury Department
• Modified Tariff System To Reduce Protectionism
• Established U.S. Naval Academy - Smithsonian Institution - The Department of the Interior
• Admitted Texas, Iowa & Wisconsin as States
St. Croix Falls Masonic Lodge No. 275
St. Croix Falls, Polk County, Wisconsin
Submitted: April 21, 2009, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.
Database Locator Identification Number: p60340
File Size: 0.844 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.