Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Coughlin
Taken: August 12, 2009
Caption: Fort Delaware State Park
Additional Description: Pea Patch Island was the site of Fort Delaware, which served as a Confederate prisoner of war camp during the Civil War. Union deserters and political prisoners were also confined here between 1862 and 1865.
Submitted: August 12, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p73668
File Size: 0.582 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.