Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Coughlin
Taken: August 13, 2009
Caption: Markers in Fort Hamilton
Additional Description: There are two markers at this location, where the Americans first fired on the British fleet in the summer of 1776. The Narrows Overlook marker is to the left of the cannon.
Submitted: August 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p73783
File Size: 0.917 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.