Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Craig Swain
Taken: March 16, 2009
Caption: Jackson's Brigade Tablet
Additional Description: Girardey's Battery is represented by two field pieces at this location. On the left is a Type 2, Series 4 3.80-inch James Rifle, with registry number 60. On the right is a 6-pdr Model 1841 Field Gun converted to a rifle. The 6-pdr was produced by Ames Manufacturing in 1847 as a smoothbore and then later given 10 groove rifling.
Submitted: September 20, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p77978
File Size: 1.287 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.