Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Syd Whittle
Taken: December 6, 2005
Caption: Sign at Site Prior to Renovation – December 6, 2005
Additional Description: St. Maryís Restoration
A Community Project Sponsored by the
Rocklin Historical Society
Saint Maryís is Rocklinís oldest remaining structure built for public use. The building is being preserved by the Rocklin Historical Society for general public use such as weddings, meetings, small concerts.
A display related to Rocklinís religious and ethnic heritage will occupy an area at the rear of the building.
As a church the building served three faiths:
Catholic, Saint Maryís of the Assumption 1883 – 1983
Church of Religious Science 1986 – 1997
Baptist, Faith is the Victory 1997 - 2001
In 2005 the building was donated to the Rocklin Historical Society by Randolph and Sandra Keller; it was moved to the current site in Heritage Park on September 17, 2005.
The designation “Saint Maryís” is retained for historical accuracy. The building is no longer associated with a faith.
Submitted: October 4, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.
Database Locator Identification Number: p79488
File Size: 1.267 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.