Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Craig Swain
Taken: September 22, 2007
Caption: Camp Hill
Additional Description: While some of the original buildings from Storer College have passed with time, several remain that date to the time of the Niagara Movement meeting in 1909. Camp Hill, used during the Civil War as a marshaling area by both Federals and Confederates. The open field was transferred from the government to the college in 1869 along with several old Harpers Ferry armory buildings.
Submitted: October 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p8283
File Size: 0.906 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.