Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Beulah Glover
Taken: Circa 1940
Caption: Original Long Canes Massacre Marker
Additional Description: Erected in 1937 by American Legion Post No. 20, Greenwood, S.C. This was the first marker placed in the South Carolina Highway Marker program. (The South Caroliniana Library, USC, Columbia, SC.)
Submitted: November 27, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p87397
File Size: 0.044 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.