Photograph as originally submitted to this page in the Historical Marker Database Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Fort Peņa Park Marker
Photographer: Richard Denney
Taken: December 20, 2009
Caption: Fort Peņa Park Marker
Additional Description: Marker reads: At site of the Pena Creek Sub-Post of Fort Davis Established in 1879 to combat depredations in the Big Bend and Mexico by Indians using historic Comanche Trail. This 5-acre tract was given (1935) for enjoyment of Brewster Countians by Guy S. Combs, Nora Combs McGehee, and Lila Combs Matthew, in honor of their parents, Mr. and Mrs. D.S. Combs who acquired this land in 1904.
Submitted: January 5, 2010, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas.
Database Locator Identification Number: p91887
File Size: 7.214 Megabytes

To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.