Grand Gulf in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
— Port Gibson Historic Tour —
The construction of the building was of hand-hewn yellow pine put together by the dove-tail method. The timbers above the front door are 52 feet in length cut from heart pine and still in perfect condition.
Mr. and Mrs. J. A. Faulk purchased "Scotia" from the Robert Ferrells and moved it to Warren County, log by log. It was moved to this location in 1976 and donated in memory of the Faulk, Foster and Johnston families of Claiborne County.
Erected by the Grand Gulf Military Monument Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1768.
Location. 32° 1.838′ N, 91° 3.164′ W. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12006 Grand Gulf Road, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Water Wheel (a few steps from this marker); Rodney Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Memorial Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Rodney Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Supporting Battery (within shouting distance of this marker); Grand Gulf Military Park (within shouting distance of this marker); The Buildup for War (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); War Comes to Grand Gulf (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grand Gulf.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 12, 2017. It was originally submitted on June 12, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 281 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 12, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.