Bremen in Fairfield County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Bremen Oil Boom
Erected 2012 by Bremen Area Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 9-23.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Natural Resources.
Location. 39° 42.111′ N, 82° 25.601′ W. Marker is in Bremen, Ohio, in Fairfield County. Marker is on South Broad Street just south of Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 102 S Broad St, Bremen OH 43107, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bremen World Wars Memorial (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wesley Chapel (about 800 feet away); Formerly Enslaved People (approx. 4 miles away); Joe Selby (approx. 4 miles away); Joseph E. Beery M.D. (approx. 5 miles away); Opal C. [nee Hatlestad] Kistler (approx. 5.2 miles away); Maple Grove Cemetery Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.2 miles away); Lieutenants Ross Frazier and Paul Hughes Memorial (approx. 7.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bremen.
Also see . . . Village of Bremen - History. “In 1907, Bremen, Ohio, was considered ‘Oil City.’ Most of the villagers were in some way related to or were oil drillers themselves. Bremen was a boomtown. The Village was growing slowly in 1884, with a population of 200 inhabitants. However, this all changed with the ‘oil boom,’ which began around 1907. Small quantities of gas and oil had been produced by local wells before this, but when wells began producing 140 barrels per day and 250 barrels per day, the race was on!” (Submitted on July 1, 2018.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 1, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 1, 2018, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 115 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 1, 2018, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.