Knoxville in Knox County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Airplane Filling Station
Erected 2018 by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1E 131.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1931.
Location. 36° 0.449′ N, 84° 1.872′ W. Marker is in Knoxville, Tennessee, in Knox County. Marker is on Clinton Highway, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Knoxville TN 37921, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 milesMenifee Station (approx. 1.4 miles away); a different marker also named Menifee Station (approx. 1.4 miles away); UT RecSports Complex (approx. 5.1 miles away); In Grateful Memory to the Defenders of Cavett Blockhouse (approx. 5.3 miles away); Herbert H. Hoover (approx. 5.4 miles away); Robert Reynolds (approx. 5.4 miles away); Confederate States of America Camp Van Dorn (approx. 5.4 miles away); Byington (approx. 5.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Knoxville.
Also see . . . Airplane Filling Station. (Submitted on September 9, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 10, 2018. It was originally submitted on September 9, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 143 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 9, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.