Los Angeles in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
First Electric Power Pole
City of Los Angeles
This plaque placed February 5, 1952, by the Department of Water and Power as a part of the commemoration of the 50th year of the resumption of municipal ownership under the control of the Board of Water Commissioners.
Erected 1952 by Dept. of Water & Power, City of Los Angeles; and Historical Society of Southern California.
Location. 34° 6.845′ N, 118° 11.16′ W. Marker is in Los Angeles, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is at the intersection of North Figueroa Street and Piedmont Avenue, on the right when traveling south on North Figueroa Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6145 N Figueroa Street, Los Angeles CA 90042, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Distribution Station No. 2 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Judson Studios (approx. 0.3 miles away); Route 66 & Chicken Boy (approx. 0.6 miles away); Cawston Ostrich Farm Cathedral Oak Monument (approx. 1.3 miles away); Charles Lummis (approx. 1.4 miles away); Southwest Museum (approx. 1½ miles away); Watering Trough (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Los Angeles.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for First Electric Power Pole.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 8, 2019. This page originally submitted on June 5, 2019, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 66 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 6, 2019, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.