Lancaster in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
dedicated to Charles Zeller Klauder and Henry Harbaugh Apple
Together with Henry Harbaugh Apple, Franklin & Marshall President from 1909 to 1934, Klauder determined the physical shape of a campus so changed that contemporaries referred to it as the "new" Franklin & Marshall. During the first two decades of Apple's presidency, the College grew at an unprecedented rate. Enrollment increased 187 to 715, the
Erected by Franklin & Marshall College.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Education.
Location. 40° 2.782′ N, 76° 19.194′ W. Marker is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in Lancaster County. Marker is on West Frederick Street east of Race Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 637 College Avenue, Lancaster PA 17603, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Franklin & Marshall College September 11 Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Whitehead Plaza (within shouting distance of this marker); The Water Towers in Buchanan Park (within shouting distance of this marker); The Richard Kneedler Sculpture Garden (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Frank E. and Eva L. Manning (about 300 feet away); Benjamin Franklin (about 400 feet away); John Marshall (about 400 feet away); William J. Iannicelli '48 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lancaster.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 9, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 68 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 9, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.