Shelbyville in Shelby County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Lewis and Clark in Kentucky 1806 Return of Expedition / Death of Meriwether Lewis
1806 Return of Expedition
Heritage Foundation, National Park Service, Ky. Lewis & Clark
Bicentennial Commission, Shelby County Historical Society.
Erected 2006 by Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2214.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications Exploration. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society, and the Lewis & Clark Expedition series lists.
Location. 38° 12.668′ N, 85° 12.967′ W. Marker is in Shelbyville, Kentucky, in Shelby County. Marker is on Main Street east of 6th Street, on the left when traveling east. Located at the Shelby County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 501 Main Street, Shelbyville KY 40065, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Shelby County, 1792 (a few steps from this marker); The Blockhouse / Martin's Raid (within shouting distance of this marker); Squire Boone's Station, 1779 (within shouting distance of this marker); Shelbyville Fountain (within shouting distance of this marker); Founder Capt. William Shannon (within shouting distance of this marker); Shelby County WWI Honor Roll (within shouting distance of this marker); The Armstrong Hotel (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Science Hill School (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shelbyville.
Also see . . . Kentucky Ties to the Lewis and Clark Expedition. (Submitted on July 19, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 20, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 19, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 118 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 19, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.