Cleveland in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Moses Cleaveland’s “Capital Town”
Erected 2003 by the Ohio Bicentennial Commission, the Marietta Chapter NSDAR, Early Settlers Association of the Western Reserve and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 39-18.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & SettlersOhio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1796.
Location. 41° 29.791′ N, 81° 42.079′ W. Marker is in Cleveland, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker can be reached from the foot of Merwin Avenue north of Center Street. It is just off the footpath at Settler’s Landing Park, at the water’s edge. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1516 Merwin Ave, Cleveland OH 44113, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John D. Rockefeller, 1839-1937 / The Standard Oil Company (within shouting distance of this marker); Ohio and Erie Canal (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Alexis de Tocqueville (about 500 feet away); Irish Famine Memorial (about 800 feet away); The Old Stone Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Near this site Fort Huntington was Erected (approx. 0.4 miles away); Com. Oliver Hazard Perry (approx. 0.4 miles away); John T. Corrigan (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cleveland.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 20, 2019, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 105 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 20, 2019, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.