Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Glendora in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Glendora City Hall

1913

 
 
Glendora City Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Baker, August 3, 2019
1. Glendora City Hall Marker
Inscription.  
First historical landmark — Historical Society Museum, original site of 1913 city hall, jail, and fire house — Dedicated May 8, 1990. Bob Kuhn, Mayor, City of Glendora. John Gordon, President, Glendora Historical Society.

Marker commemorating the early settlers who built this Glendora fire station, jail (holding cell) and city hall in 1913.

Placed by Serrano chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1982.

City of Glendora Historic Landmark No. 1, circa 1913.
 
Erected 1990 by City of Glendora. (Marker Number 1.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureLaw EnforcementSettlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
 
Location. 34° 8.407′ N, 117° 51.941′ W. Marker is in Glendora, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is on Glendora Avenue north of Bennett Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker

Glendora City Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Baker, August 3, 2019
2. Glendora City Hall Marker
is at or near this postal address: 314 Glendora Ave, Glendora CA 91741, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pacific Electric Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); Glendora Bougainvillea (approx. ¼ mile away); Big Tree (approx. 0.9 miles away); Rubel Castle (approx. 0.9 miles away); Rain Bird Impact Drive Sprinkler Head (approx. 1.2 miles away); Fairmount Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 1.3 miles away); Azusa, the Canyon City (approx. 2.4 miles away); Covina Firehouse - Jail Museum (approx. 3.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glendora.
 
Regarding Glendora City Hall. The first municipal building in Glendora was completed in 1913 and served as city hall, fire station, and police department. The building became a meeting place for local civic groups when the new city hall opened in 1922. The Glendora Historical Society established a museum here in 1952. An addition was completed in 1989, with expanded display areas. The museum is open from 11-2 on most Saturdays.
 
Also see . . .  Glendora Historical Society. (Submitted on August 5, 2019.)
 
Glendora City Hall image. Click for full size.
By Craig Baker, August 3, 2019
3. Glendora City Hall
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 9, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 5, 2019, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 195 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 5, 2019, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Dec. 4, 2020