Louisa in Lawrence County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1946 by Louisa Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1789.
Location. 38° 6.95′ N, 82° 36.162′ W. Marker is in Louisa, Kentucky, in Lawrence County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Cross Street (Kentucky Route 2566) and East Main Street, on the right when traveling west on South Main Cross Street. It is to the left of the courthouse and to the right of the Sheriff’s station. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 310 E Main St, Louisa KY 41230, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of Louisa in Civil War (a few steps from this marker); Old Floyd County / Lawrence County Revolutionary War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Lawrence County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); County Named, 1821 (within shouting distance of this marker); Frederick M. Vinson (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Bishop (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Gay (approx. half a mile away in West Virginia). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Louisa.
Regarding Vancouver’s Fort. The point mentioned on the monument is at the fork of the Big Sandy River. The Big Sandy flows north to the Ohio River.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 17, 2020, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 275 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 17, 2020, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.