Blacksburg in Montgomery County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Robert James Davidson
— Dean, Scientific Department 1903-1913
Dean, Department of Applied Science 1913-1915 —
Davidson Hall first completed 1928
Marker donated by Class of 1953
Erected by VPI Class of 1953.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Science & Medicine. A significant historical year for this entry is 1928.
Location. 37° 13.6′ N, 80° 25.489′ W. Marker is in Blacksburg, Virginia, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Drillfield Drive 0.1 miles east of Greenhouse Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Blacksburg VA 24060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Solitude (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Edward Williams (about 300 feet away); Harvey Lee PriceThomas Marshall Hahn Jr. (about 400 feet away); Thomas Oldham Sandy (about 400 feet away); Frank Leigh Robeson (about 400 feet away); Thomas Barksdale Hutcheson (about 600 feet away); The Alwood Oak (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Blacksburg.
Also see . . . Davidson Hall | Virginia Tech. (Submitted on February 17, 2009, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 25, 2019. It was originally submitted on February 17, 2009, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 858 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 17, 2009, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.