Greenville in Hunt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Kavanaugh Methodist Church
Founded as a Methodist Mission Sunday School in 1892, this church was chartered on November 8, 1896, and named in honor of Bishop H. H. Kavanaugh. The first sanctuary was a 4-room brick building erected on this site. A larger facility was needed for the growing congregation and this structure was built and dedicated in 1924. This classical revival style building features fine brickwork, a raised temple front, and 50 art glass windows.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1995
Erected 1994. (Marker Number 7809.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 33° 7.868′ N, 96° 6.434′ W. Marker is in Greenville, Texas, in Hunt County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Street and Stonewall Street, on the right when traveling west on Park Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2516 Park Street, Greenville TX 75401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mary Jim Morris (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. half a mile away); Lallie P. CarlisleGen. Hal C. Horton Home (approx. half a mile away); Central Christian Church (approx. half a mile away); Benjamin D. Martin (approx. 0.6 miles away); Hunt County (approx. 0.6 miles away); Greenville (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 5, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 3, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 3, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.