Farmington in San Joaquin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Farmington Odd Fellows Lodge #296
Dedicated on October 8, 1994
Tuleburgh Chapter #69, E Clampus Vitus
Erected 1994 by Tuleburgh Chapter #69, E Clampus Vitus.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1957.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 37° 55.793′ N, 121° 0.008′ W. Marker was in Farmington, California, in San Joaquin County. Marker was at the intersection of South Escalon Ballota Road and Highway 4, on the right when traveling north on South Escalon Ballota Road. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 25520 East Highway 4, Farmington CA 95230, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 16 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Milton Masonic Hall (approx. 10.7 miles away); Langworth (approx. 13.4 miles Jenny Lind (approx. 13.4 miles away); Riverbank Historical Museum (approx. 13.8 miles away); Oakdale Railroad Depot (approx. 14.1 miles away); Oakdale Saddle Club (approx. 14.2 miles away); Ripon World War II Memorial (approx. 14.9 miles away); New Hope – 1846 (approx. 15.1 miles away).
More about this marker. Marker is on the wall of the west side of the building.
Regarding Farmington Odd Fellows Lodge #296. An Illustrated history of San Joaquin County, California : containing a history of San Joaquin County from the earliest period of its occupancy to the present time... indicates that the building cost of $2,500, and that at the time of writing (1890), the lower floor was used as a dance hall. The building currently houses a general store.
Also see . . . An Illustrated history of San Joaquin County, California. An 1890 history of the various towns and places in San Joaquin County, including Farmington. (Submitted on March 4, 2009.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 4, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,209 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 4, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. 3. submitted on March 21, 2021, by Diane Phillips of Pittsburg, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.