Detroit in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Jewish Religious Services
Erected 1977 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L516.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. 42° 19.989′ N, 83° 2.349′ W. Marker is in Detroit, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of East Congress Street and St. Antoine, on the right when traveling west on East Congress Street. Located side by side with Frederick Douglass-John Brown Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 633 E Congress St, Detroit MI 48226, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Frederick Douglass - John Brown Meeting (a few steps from this marker); SS. Peter and Paul Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Detroit Cornice and Slate Building (about 600 feet away); Holy Family Church (about 600 feet away); Chapoton House (about 700 feet away); George DeBaptiste Homesite (about 700 feet away); Church of Annunciation (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Mary's Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Detroit.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 30, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 29, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. This page has been viewed 34 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 29, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.