Kemnay in Whitehead Municipality, Manitoba — Canada’s Prairie Region
Kemnay Pioneer Memorial
dedicated to the
pioneers who built
Kemnay Church on
this site in 1892,
that they and those
who followed might
They gave their todays
for our tomorrows.
1892 ——— 1969
Rock of Ages
Topics. This historical marker and memorial is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1892.
Location. 49° 50.568′ N, 100° 7.963′ W. Marker is in Kemnay, Manitoba, in Whitehead Municipality. Marker is at the intersection of Sandison Street and Provincial Highway 1A, on the right when traveling south on Sandison Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kemnay MB R0K 0A0, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 14 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Coronation Park (approx. 11.7 kilometers away); Prairie College (approx. 12.2 kilometers away); Brandon College (approx. 12.2 kilometers away); Daly House (approx. 12.2 kilometers away); Thomas Mayne Daly (approx. 12.3 kilometers away); Sir Clifford Sifton (approx. 13.1 kilometers away); Central Fire Station #1 (approx. 13.4 kilometers away).
Also see . . .
1. Kemnay Presbyterian Church.
A monument at Kemnay in the Rural Municipality of Whitehead was dedicated to the Presbyterians who established a church at this site in 1892. The building was later used by local Methodists and Anglicans before becoming a United Church in 1925. Among the clerics who served at this church was Herbert Thomas Reynolds (1925-1930).(Submitted on June 21, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. Kemnay United Church.
Kemnay United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Kemnay, in the Rural Municipality of Whitehead, from 1925 to 1969. The church was built in 1892 and used by the Presbyterians, Methodists, and Anglicans. It became a Union Church in 1919 before joining The United Church of Canada in 1925. Kemnay United Church closed on July 6, 1969. The building was eventually sold and taken down, and today a memorial rock and a bronze plaque mark the former site of the church.(Submitted on June 21, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 21, 2022. It was originally submitted on June 21, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 66 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 21, 2022, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.