Fairmont in Marion County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Marion County Courthouse
On March 12, 1897, the demolition of the first courthouse commenced, and the current building was completed by 1900. The architectural firm of Yost and Packard of Columbus, Ohio, designed this Beaux Arts style building. The building underwent renovations in 1960, 1977, 1987 and 2003.
Erected by Frontiers to Mountaineers Heritage Tourism. Made possible in part by Preservation Alliance of West Virginia and the Benedum Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 39° 29.088′ N, 80° 8.589′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fairmont WV 26554, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fairmont (a few steps from this marker); Boaz Fleming (within shouting distance of this marker); The Original Dunbar School (within shouting distance of this marker); High-Level / Million Dollar Robert H. Mollohan Bridge (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); A. Brooks Fleming House (about 400 feet away); Attack on Fairmont (approx. 0.2 miles away); Francis H. Pierpont Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Colonel George S. “Spanky” Roberts, USAF Memorial Bridge (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairmont.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 5, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 938 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 5, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 5. submitted on August 8, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 6. submitted on August 5, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.