Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Northwest in Virginia Beach, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Lynnhaven House

 
 
Lynnhaven House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Laura Troy, September 16, 2007
1. Lynnhaven House Marker
Inscription.  This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places byt the United States Department of the Interior. Lynnhaven House. c. 1725.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1725.
 
Location. 36° 52.44′ N, 76° 7.535′ W. Marker is in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It is in Northwest. Marker is on Wishart Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4405 Wishart Rd, Virginia Beach VA 23455, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Grace White Sherwood (approx. half a mile away); “The Brick Church” (approx. half a mile away); Founders and Veterans of Lynnhaven Parish Church (approx. half a mile away); Old Donation Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Trial of 1706 (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Testing of Grace Sherwood (approx. 0.7 miles away); Adam Thoroughgood House (approx. 1˝ miles away); Vietnam War Veterans Memorial (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Virginia Beach.
 
Regarding Lynnhaven House. “Francis Thelaball
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
II built his house with its massive chimneys in 1725. On the grounds are gardens and a small Revolutionary War graveyard.” —from the APVA website.
 
Lynnhaven House, c.1976 image. Click for full size.
1976
2. Lynnhaven House, c.1976
Photo is from the National Register of Historic Places & Virginia Landmarks Register.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2023. It was originally submitted on September 16, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,736 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on September 16, 2007, by Laura Troy of Burke, Virginia.   2. submitted on October 1, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=2535

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 23, 2024