Barra in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil — Northeast Region
Monumento a Stefan Zweig
— All Saints' Bay —
Stefan Zweig nasceu em Viena, Áustria, em 1881. Escritor cosmopolita, tornou-se conhecido por suas analises do comlexo psíquico e pela defesa dos ideais humanitarios. Foi o autor mais traduzido do seu tempo. Pacifista, escrevia reinventando a vida.
Iniciou sua peregrinação pelo mundo em 1934, com residencia na Inglaterra. Mudou-se, em 1941, com sua esposa Lotte, para a Cidade de Petrópolis, Brasil, onde escreveu, o seu livro mais conhecido, “Brasil, Pais do Futuro” e finalizou sua auto-biografia, “O Mundo Que Eu Vi.”
Falecu em 22 de Fevereiro de 1942.
"A Capital da Alegria"
Monument to Stefan Zweig.
Stefan Zweig was born in Vienna, Austria, in 1881. A cosmopolitan writer, he became known by his analyses of psychological complexes and by his defense of humanitarian ideals. He was the author most translated of his time. Pacifistic, it was writing reinventing life.
He initiated his world pilgrimage in 1934, residing in England. In 1941, he and his wife, Lotte, relocated
He died on 22 February 1942.
Prefecture of Salvador
“The Capital of Joy”
Erected by Prefeitura Salvador.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • War, World II • Waterways & Vessels.
Location. 13° 0.322′ S, 38° 31.987′ W. Marker is in Barra, Bahia, in Salvador. Marker is on Avenida Sete de Setembro 0.1 kilometers south of R. Barão de Itapuã, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Avenida Sete de Setembro 260, Barra, Bahia 40140-110, Brazil. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 10 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Zumbi dos Palmares Monument (approx. 4.3 kilometers away); Igr. Basílica de N. Sr. do Bonfim (approx. 9.5 kilometers away).
Also see . . . Stefan Zweig. (Submitted on June 14, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. Jewish refugees; Baía de Todos os Santos;
Credits. This page was last revised on January 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 14, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,890 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 14, 2010, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.