Founded in the year of 1850
by pioneers Craven Lee and David Weed
Peak of population five hundred
Monument erected August 9, 1953 by
Mt. Bally Parlor No. 87 N.S.G.W.
Eltapome Parlor No. 55 N.D.G.W.
Erected 1953 by Native Sons of the Golden West and National Daughters of the Golden West.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list.
Location. 40° 46.25′ N, 123° 7.517′ W. Marker is near Helena, California, in Trinity County. Marker is on State Highway 299, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Junction City CA 96048, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Junction City Centennial (approx. 4.6 miles away); Big Flat – Big Bar (approx. 5.2 miles away); Site of Cañon City (approx.
Also see . . . Wikipedia Entry for Helena, California. Helena was known as Bagdad before the post office was established. (Submitted on July 4, 2010, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 9, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2010, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 766 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 4, 2010, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California. 3. submitted on August 9, 2016, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.