Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Towson in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Baltimore County Courthouse

 
 
Baltimore County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Chris Nelson, November 7, 2009
1. Baltimore County Courthouse Marker
Inscription.  Separation of Baltimore City and County effective July 4, 1851. Towsontown was chosen as County Seat by popular vote February 13, 1854. The Courthouse of local limestone and marble was completed in 1855 at a cost of $30,000. Enlarged in 1910-1925-1958.
 
Erected by Baltimore County Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureGovernment & PoliticsPolitical Subdivisions.
 
Location. 39° 23.995′ N, 76° 36.398′ W. Marker is in Towson, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is on West Chesapeake Ave 0.1 miles west of Washington Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Towson MD 21204, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Abisado (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vietnam Veterans Memorial (about 300 feet away); Hometown Hero (about 300 feet away); a different marker also named Baltimore County Courthouse (about 300 feet away); World War I Memorial (approx.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
¼ mile away); Epsom Chapel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Guth Memorial Gateway (approx. 0.7 miles away); Goucher College (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Towson.
 
More about this marker. Marker is located on side of courthouse building and is identical to another marker located at front of building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 11, 2010, by Chris Nelson of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,093 times since then and 28 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on October 11, 2010, by Chris Nelson of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement
Oct. 22, 2020