Johnson Creek in Jefferson County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
94th Combat Infantry Division
THIS MONUMENT IS A TRIBUTE TO THE MEN OF THE 94TH INFANTRY DIVISION WWII
In recognition of the outstanding war record of the 94th. The State of Wisconsin designated this monument to be erected for all I-94 travellers to view.
Activated Sept. 15, 1942 at Fort Custer, MI
First U.S. Army Division to achieve expert infantry recognition
After Utah Beach landing in 1944 fought in Brittany, France
Reassigned to General Patton’s Third Army in the Saar-Moselle Triangle
Crossed the Saar River to fight in the Battle of the Bulge
Third Army was the first to reach the Rhine
Most worthy victory at Impossible Trier Triangle a “Presidential Citation” was earned
In 209 combat days, had 10,937 wounded, 1,087 deaths and took 26,638 prisoners
Location. 43° 5.231′ N, 88° 49.4′ W. Marker is in Johnson Creek, Wisconsin, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Interstate 94 3˝ miles west of Wisconsin Highway 26, on the right Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Johnson Creek WI 53038, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Service to Their Country (a few steps from this marker); Wisconsin Prairies (within shouting distance of this marker); Princess Burial Mound (approx. 2.2 miles away); Mamre Moravian Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); Anne Pickett (approx. 2.2 miles away); Pioneer Aztalan (approx. 2.2 miles away); Aztalan Mound Park (approx. 2.4 miles away); Aztalan (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Johnson Creek.
Topics. This marker is included in this topic list: War, World II
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 24, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 918 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 24, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.