Thomaston in Upson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 145-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is December 15, 1854.
Location. 32° 53.233′ N, 84° 19.6′ W. Marker is in Thomaston, Georgia, in Upson County. Marker is on West Gordon Street (Georgia Route 36) 0 miles east of North Church StreetTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Thomaston GA 30286, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Cannon Ball (within shouting distance of this marker); Upson Confederate Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); General John B. Gordon (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Dead (approx. Ό mile away); Pettigrew-White-Stamps House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Trice Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away); Unknown Confederate Dead (approx. 6.8 miles away); First Post Office (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Thomaston.
Also see . . . Upson County. A Wikipedia page. (Submitted on November 22, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2018. It was originally submitted on November 20, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 618 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 20, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 5. submitted on July 18, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.