Near Jeffersonville in Twiggs County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
U.S. Geodetic Survey in 1948 established this Vicinity as the exact center of Georgia.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 143-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 32° 39.722′ N, 83° 26.254′ W. Marker is near Jeffersonville, Georgia, in Twiggs County. Marker is at the intersection of Jeffersonville-Bullard Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jeffersonville GA 31044, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Geographic Center of Georgia (within shouting distance of this marker); Richland Baptist Church (approx. 3.1 miles away); Arthur Fort, 1750-1833 (approx. 4.1 miles away); Ezekiel Wimberley (approx. 5.6 miles away); Twiggs County (approx. 5.6 miles away); Stone Creek Baptist Church - 1808 (approx. 7.6 miles away); Tarversville (approx. 8.4 miles away); Rev. Vincent A. Tharp Home (1809) (approx. 8.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jeffersonville.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 3, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 492 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 3, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.