Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
McPherson's Troops March to Decatur
McPherson’s Army of the Tennessee, consisting of Logan’s 15th, Dodge’s 16, & Blair’s 17th Corps, having crossed at Shallow Ford, moved on this road toward Decatur, in the sequence as named. Their routes traversed the upper valleys of Nancy’s & Peachtree creeks.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-7.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: War, US Civil • Wars, US Indian. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 33° 58.233′ N, 84° 20.367′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Roberts Drive and Spalding Drive, on Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1425 Spalding Drive, Atlanta GA 30350, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. McPherson's Divergent Line of March (approx. 1.7 miles away); Hightower (Etowah) Trail (approx. 1.9 miles away); Hightower Indian Trail (approx. 2.3 miles away); Garrard’s Cav. & Newton’s Division (approx. 2˝ miles away); McPherson’s Troops at Shallow Ford (approx. 2˝ miles away); Allenbrook (approx. 2.7 miles away); Founders' Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away); Original Mill (approx. 3.2 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 621 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.