Yountville in Napa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Yountville Community Hall
In 1956 use of the hall was restricted to church functions and called the St. Joan of Arc Hall.
The City of Yountville purchased the hall in 1965 and used a small portion for city hall. The building was again used for social functions and recreation.
Remodeled and dedicated to "The People of Yountville" by the Town Council September 24, 1988.
Colonel Nelson M. Holderhan No. 316 Parlor N.S.G.W.
Geo. C. Yount No. 322 Parlor N.D.G.W.
Erected by Native Sons of the Golden West, Parlor No. 316 and Native Daughters of the Golden West Parlor No. 322.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Entertainment. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list.
Location. 38° 24.114′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6516 Washington Street, Yountville CA 94599, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George Yount's Millstones (a few steps from this marker); Map of Groezinger's Addition (a few steps from this marker); Groezinger Winery (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Flags over California in 1870 (about 400 feet away); Yountville (about 700 feet away); Yountville's First Fire House (approx. ¼ mile away); Veterans Home of California (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Pioneer Christian Church Bell (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Yountville.
Also see . . . A Front Porch for Yountville. A Napa Valley Register article (11/24/09) on the 2008-09 renovation and expansion of the Yountville community center (including the Hall). (Submitted on November 10, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 10, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 576 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 10, 2011, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.