Richmond Hill in Bryan County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 2012 by Coastal Bryan Heritage Trail.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 31° 56.5′ N, 81° 18.392′ W. Marker is in Richmond Hill, Georgia, in Bryan County. Marker is at the intersection of Henry Ford Avenue (Georgia Route 144) and Hill Street, on the right when traveling south on Henry Ford Avenue. The Community House is now the Carter Funeral Home. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10512 Ford Avenue, Richmond Hill GA 31324, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Martha-Mary Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); Henry Ford at Richmond Hill (approx. 0.2 miles away); J. F. Gregory (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ford Plantation Bakery (approx. ¼ mile away); Robert E. Lee (approx. ¼ mile away); Ways Station (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Ways Station (approx. ¼ mile away); Ford Plantation Commissary (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond Hill.
Regarding Community House. The Community House was copied from Cottenham Plantation, an old home on southern Bryan Neck, acquired by Henry Ford in 1935. Some stories say that materials from Cottenham were used in building Community House.
Additional keywords. Henry Ford
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 8, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 586 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 8, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.