Appomattox Court House in Appomattox County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
April 9, 1865.
Erected by National Park Service.
Location. 37° 22.926′ N, 78° 47.394′ W. Marker is in Appomattox Court House, Virginia, in Appomattox County. Marker can be reached from Old Courthouse Road (Virginia Route 24), on the right when traveling west. The marker is in the picnic ground of the Appomattox Court House National Historical Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Appomattox VA 24522, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Popularizer of the Banjo (within shouting distance of this marker); After the Surrender (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lee's Apple Tree (about 800 feet away); Grant and Lee Meeting (approx. ¼ mile away); “Salute of Arms” (approx. ¼ mile away); Lee and Grant Meet (approx. ¼ mile away); Last Artillery Shots Final Combat (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Appomattox Court House.
Also see . . . Appomattox Court House National Historical Park. (Submitted on March 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Peace • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Appomattox River.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,596 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 4, 5. submitted on April 25, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.