Chesapeake City in Cecil County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Savin-Conrey House 1848
Most important is the fact that it was used as the telephone exchange for the town in the room to the left in front, circa 1920-30's. The original restoration was in the 1980's. In 2007, the property was purchased by Alan Marine and Catherine Soukup and renovated in 2009. The home was awarded a project excellence award by the Maryland Historical Trust in 2010 in recognition of preserving its "Historical Integrity/"
Erected 2010 by Donated by Alan Marine and Catherine Soukup. (Marker Number G-221.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Maryland, Chesapeake City Historic District marker series.
Location. 39° 31.611′ N, 75° 48.829′ W. Marker is in Chesapeake City Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 221 George Street, Chesapeake City MD 21915, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Steele-Davis House (within shouting distance of this marker); World War II Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Gassaway House (within shouting distance of this marker); Kinter-Metz House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Whiteoak House (about 300 feet away); Karsner-Wilsey House/Office (about 300 feet away); Sarah Beaston House (about 300 feet away); Capt. Colmary-Salmon House (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chesapeake City.
Categories. • Communications • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Savin-Conrey House 1848.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 17, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 299 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 17, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.