Bernhards Bay in Oswego County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
near this spot
made first settlement
in Bernhard’s Bay
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 43° 14.546′ N, 75° 55.496′ W. Marker is in Bernhards Bay, New York, in Oswego County. Marker is at the intersection of New York State Route 49 and County Route 17, on the right when traveling west on State Route 49. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bernhards Bay NY 13028, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Leger’s Army (within shouting distance of this marker); Kempwyk (approx. 0.9 miles away); Frenchman’s Island (approx. 3.3 miles away); Trinity Episcopal Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); Grave of Capt. Adj. George Marsden (approx. 7.3 miles away); Congregational Church - 1814 (approx. Partnership for Preservation (approx. 10.4 miles away); Childhood Home (approx. 10.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 31, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 403 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 31, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.