Port Allegany in McKean County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1941 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1840.
Location. 41° 49.165′ N, 78° 17.371′ W. Marker is in Port Allegany, Pennsylvania, in McKean County. Marker is on Grand Army of the Republic Highway (U.S. 6) 0.1 miles west of East Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Allegany PA 16743, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Port Allegany Veterans Memorial (approx. ¾ mile away); a different marker also named Port Allegany (approx. ¾ mile away); Port Allegany World War Memorial (approx. ¾ Allegheny Portage (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mt. Equity Plantation (approx. 5.1 miles away); Port Allegany, PA (approx. 5.7 miles away); Saint Mary's Church (approx. 6.3 miles away); Tidewater Pipe Company (approx. 7.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Allegany.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 7, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 302 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 25, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.