Mount Holly in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Grist Mill Stone
This Mill Stone was recovered from the site of the historic industrial park at the corner of Mill and Pine Street. Built in 1796 by Cox & Davidson and operated with five French Burrs until destroyed by fire in 1910. This Mill Stone is the only true tangible artifact ever recovered from the site of the historic Grist Mill.
Erected 2011 by Mount Holly Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1796.
Location. 39° 59.617′ N, 74° 47.389′ W. Marker is in Mount Holly, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Drive and Commerce Street, on the right when traveling north on Park Drive. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mount Holly NJ 08060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Shinn-Curtis Log House (a few steps from this marker); William Calvert’s Hardware Store (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); House of John R. Slack (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cannon Made in Mount Holly (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Burlington County Court House (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Woolman’s Tailor Shop & 2nd Friends Meeting House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Burlington County Prison Museum (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Prison (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mount Holly.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 16, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 445 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 16, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.