Mount Holly in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
History Millstone Park
1771 – 1822 - Samuel Clark and Butler Atkinson
1822 – 1829 - Alexander A. Young
Sold Tinwear and Stoves
He also printed “Chronicle”
Post Office occupied part of the building
1829 – 1838 - John C. Simmons
Built a large brick building
Odd Fellows Lodge occupied upper floors
1838 – 1898 - Peter Lynch
(Installed first gas street lights)
1898 – 1937 - George D. Worrell
1937 – 1970 - Owned by James T. Gottlieb Family
Meats and Groceries
1796 – 1910 - Grist Mill stood few hundred feet east
The cobblestones in this park are the original cobblestones in the bed of Pine Street.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1771.
Location. 39° 59.593′ N, 74° 47.112′ W. Marker is in Mount Holly, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of Mill Street (County Route 537) and Pine Street, on the right when traveling east on Mill Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mount Holly NJ 08060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fire Company (within shouting distance of this marker); John Woolman’s Tailor Shop & 2nd Friends Meeting House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Calvert’s Hardware Store (about 600 feet away); Shinn-Curtis Log House (approx. ¼ mile away); Grist Mill Stone (approx. ¼ mile away); House of John R. Slack (approx. ¼ mile away); Cannon Made in Mount Holly (approx. ¼ mile away); Historic Burlington County Court House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mount Holly.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 16, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 505 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 16, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.