Near Elizabethtown in Hamilton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Indiana - Ohio State Line Monument
State Line as resurveyed under a joint resolution passed by Indiana on the 27th Jan. and by Ohio on the 10th March 1837.
Erected Nov. 27th, 1838.
Topics. This historical marker monument is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions.
Location. 39° 8.955′ N, 84° 49.211′ W. Marker is near Elizabethtown, Ohio, in Hamilton County. Marker is at the intersection of Louisville Pike (U.S. 50) and State Line Road, on the right when traveling west on Louisville Pike. Marker is located at the northeast corner of the intersection. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: North Bend OH 45052, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Miami Fort / Fort Finney (approx. 2.3 miles away); Fort Finney (approx. 2.3 miles away); Point Farm (approx. 2.3 miles away); John Cleves Symmes Abraham Brower (approx. 3.6 miles away); William Henry Harrison Tomb (approx. 3.7 miles away); William Henry Harrison Memorial (approx. 3.7 miles away); William Henry Harrison / and the Cincinnati & Whitewater Canal (approx. 3.8 miles away).
More about this monument. According to the Hamilton County Engineer's Office, the monument is a tapered cylindrical shaft of fine-grain sandstone. It is nine feet long and weighs 5,000 pounds. On October 11, 1929, the Col. Archibald Lochry chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution placed a bronze tablet to the south face of the monument, but the tablet is now missing.
Also see . . . Ohio - Indiana State Line Monument Rescued. From the Hamilton County (Ohio) Engineer's Office. (Submitted on March 20, 2015.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 20, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 381 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 20, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.