Campbellsville in Taylor County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Second Taylor County Courthouse - 1867
Rear Addition and Clock Tower
Completed by 1910
In 1908 a rear addition and a second store were added, and the clock tower was completed in 1910.
In 1965 the Third Courthouse, a contemporary building, was constructed.
Erected by Campbellsville Renaissance.
Location. 37° 20.483′ N, 85° 20.717′ W. Marker is in Campbellsville, Kentucky, in Taylor County. Marker is at the intersection of East Broadway (U.S. 68) and North Columbia Avenue, on the right when traveling east on East Broadway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 204 North Columbia Avenue, Campbellsville KY 42718, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Brig. Gen. Elias Barbee (here, next to this marker); Campbellsville / Taylor County (here, next to this marker); Cumberland Trace Confederate Raids (here, next to this marker); Courthouse Burned (here, next to this marker); First Taylor County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Campbell Memorial (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rebel Guerrillas on Main Street (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Campbellsville.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Second Taylor County Courthouse - 1867.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 31, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 30, 2016, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 150 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 30, 2016, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.