Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Milford in Clermont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The Leming House

 
 
The Leming House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Rev. Ronald Irick, November 4, 2016
1. The Leming House Marker
Inscription.  Miami Township, established 1801, was one of five original townships in Clermont County. Among early settlers in Miami Township were the Leming family of New Jersey. In 1806, four Leming brothers—Ezekiel, John, Gabriel, and Charles—arrived here and began farming. In 1844, Ezekiel’s son Randall H. Lemimg, purchased 160 acres of land in Mulberry from Paul and Rachel Megrue. Here they constructed their home, now called the Leming house. Over the years several additions were made to the house but the front part is the original section. The Leming House is representative of mid 19th century life in Miami Township.
 
Erected 2003 by Clermont County BiCentennial Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1801.
 
Location. 39° 11.574′ N, 84° 13.401′ W. Marker is near Milford, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker can be reached from County Route 24. Marker is located in Community Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5951 Buckwheat Rd, Milford OH 45150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers
The Leming House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Rev. Ronald Irick, November 4, 2016
2. The Leming House Marker
From the parking lot of Community Park
Click or scan to see
this page online
are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Greenlawn Cemetery (approx. 3.1 miles away); Promont (approx. 3.2 miles away); Milford GAR Veterans Memorial (approx. 3.2 miles away); Henry Clark Corbin (approx. 3.3 miles away); Richard Michael Weaver (approx. 3.4 miles away); Waldschmidt Cemetery (approx. 3.4 miles away); Camp Dennison Civil War Museum (approx. 3.6 miles away); Camp Dennison (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milford.
 
The Leming House image. Click for full size.
By Rev. Ronald Irick, November 4, 2016
3. The Leming House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 12, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 462 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 12, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=99542

Paid Advertisement
May. 11, 2021